If you're looking for an amazing volunteer opportunity, then you should try volunteering at a non-profit. At The National LGBTQ Society (NATLGBTQ), we grant you the ability to further your interests and skillsets, and lead and excel in your chosen position. This is a volunteer opportunity, however, it will give you valuable work and volunteer experience while helping to further our efforts of helping the LGBTQ community.
Organization Mission: The mission of the National LGBTQ Society is to create a safe environment and safe space for members of the LGBTQ+ Community and our allies through its purpose of providing meaningful support, resourceful resources, and educational courses.
This position is a managerial-level role within our organization, this position does or will have supervisory responsibilities. This position reports to the Executive Vice President of Operations.
- Oversees a growing team of Volunteers
- Responsible for overseeing our volunteer coordinators
- Responsible for recruiting, and managing volunteer coordinators and completing onboarding of volunteer coordinators
- Provide support and resources to volunteer coordinator(s)
- Promotes our organization, and our mission.
- Ensuring that volunteer coordinators are fully onboarding volunteers and inputting their records in our online database, and creating online accounts in our platforms.
- Responsible to attend organizational events
- Responsible for mentoring and coaching volunteer coordinators
- Other Responsibilities as deemed necessary by Executive Director and/or Designee
Preferred Qualifications -
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of all identities, and issues related to the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and organized
- A strong work ethic, ability to take the initiative, and self-starter.
- Confidence in performance and working alone, and collaborative in nature.
- Eagerness to work and thrive in a high-energy, startup environment, and adjust priorities as needed.
- Must be available to volunteer up to 2 to 3 hours a week.
The National LGBTQ Society is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.